Sunday, March 9, 2014
It's just stuff
I had a long blogpost written out, but my phone ate it. The short story is that our attic caught fire last night due to something shorting with the vent fan in the kids' bathroom. It was confined to the attic, but we lost most of what was stored in the attic and they tore out the ceiling in most of the house to get to the fire. Structurally, there is significant damage to the house and we will looking for temporary housing for months. Our important belongings are safe, as are we. The rest is just stuff.
We appreciate prayers as we navigate this very scary journey, particularly peace for the kids as they saw the house burning and are obviously Affected.