So bummed to have to post this, but we are heading back to the ER yet again with Bodie. The good news is that it doesn't appear to have anything to do with his heart this time! At his pediatrician's appointment Friday, we discovered that he had some blood in his stool, so she sent us to the hospital. We were seen by the cardiac team at Children's, where they decided to put him on Zantac and another med and just to watch him as he otherwise seemed ok. We were to go back today for outpatient labs, but I just got a call from the Nurse Practitioner and they've decided that since it's been going on for a couple of days now and single ventricle kids are so fragile and go downhill so fast, they want him to go instead to the ER to be admitted. The kicker is that they don't even have any beds available on the step down unit, so we'll have to wait it out in the ER until they do have a bed available for Bodie upstairs. NO idea how long that'll be. Needless to say, we're very frustrated and sad to think of Bodie once again being poked and prodded in very short time here. It's especially a bummer that this is all going down on Dusk's birthday. :-(
Please pray for Bodie, that whatever this is gets resolved quickly (they think it's either a med reaction or a bug - my bet's on a bug of some sort) so that we can come home soon. And pray for Amy, who is really missing having her family together in one place and has really hit her limit with all of this and could use an extra measure of grace at the moment. And please pray for Dusk and Sierra, back home alone again, waiting to hear how Bodie is doing.
Will update once we know more...