They are now thinking this is definitely milk protein intolerance, especially since I cut dairy out a couple days ago and his stools are now back to normal. But I guess his entire gut hasn't realized that yet.
He's also been having more of his horrible fits - they're so scary. He turns burgandy, is completely inconsolable, starts sweating profusely and then turns pasty white, rolls his eyes back into his head and goes to sleep. I swear each one of these fits ages me 10 years - so I figure after today, I've got to be close to nursing home age! I talked to the pain team about it today and they think he was dropped too quickly on the hydrocodone, so adjusted his dosage back up. I'm not sure it made much of a difference, so I plan on asking tomorrow if we can use a different drug.
So if you're following along, we brought a slightly fussy baby who loved to eat with blood in his stool into the ER; 3 days later he's been replaced by a manic-depressive kid who alternates between smiling at the nurses and throwing his fits; oh, and who won't touch a bottle with a 10 foot pole. What the what? Are you starting to understand why Amy is at the edge of her sanity?
Clearly, we need prayer tonight:
1. Pray for Bodie's tummy. Pray that it settles down so that he's not so uncomfortable.
2. Pray that Bodie starts eating well again.
3. Pray that the pain team can get Bodie's withdrawal under control so that he stops having these scary fits.
4. Pray that Amy has the patience and grace to handle all of this. Days like today make it kind of hard to stay positive and hopeful. Just pray that I am able to better trust God and His plans for our sweet little guy!
5. Pray for Dusk, who has basically turned into a single parent yet again since Amy has been unable to leave the hospital given Bodie's current state; and Sierra, who is really missing her mommy and her family unit.
Thanks and God bless,
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry